Monday, October 14, 2013

Frilly Frills

A friend that I've had since we were maybe 6 (could be younger, we're getting older and I can't remember anymore), contacted me and asked if I could do a cake for her best friend, who've I've also known for just about as long. I love being asked to do these cakes since I can really put a personal touch on them.

Funny story, my friend who contacted me, I did her cake a few years back for her baby girl!! (The girly pink one seen here).

My only guidelines for this cake was pink, baby animals, and girly.

Here's what I came up with.
I love the bright pink from top to bottom. The entire cake began with the ribbon (which you can see in the background of this photo. But while you're at it, go ahead and take a look at the super cute booties that I had made just for this cake!)
I wanted something animal print, but I didn't want to make it one animal centered (if that makes sense!!) From there, I just thought pink. Anything pink and girly was a must!!
This cake includes 144 Newborn diapers, wash cloths, Gerber spoons, Johnson and Johnson products, custom booties, newborn toys, teethers, NUK pacifiers, a pacifier holder, Carters monkey teether, socks and one super soft, super cute custom fleece elephant.


To make this cake extra girly, I added a lace skirt around the bottom layer, just giving it that little something "extra".

Congratulations again Kelly and Bill! And I can't wait to see your sweet little girl in just a few short months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment