Thursday, June 6, 2013

Winnie the Pooh

In the five years that I've been making diaper cakes, I'd never done one using Winnie the Pooh. How is that even possible?!!

Well that all came to an end a few weeks back when a repeat customer came back asking for a Winnie the Pooh themed cake for a coworker having a little baby girl. I couldn't wait to get started! And with a Winnie the Pooh theme, I knew there would be a ton of items out there that I could use.

I first went to Etsy to find items that were one of a kind. I first returned to Joeellztoo for custom shoes. This was my second time shopping here and I knew that I'd find something perfect. And I was right. After telling her about the theme and that it was for a little girl, she went to work. And what she came up with was PERFECT!!
I then did a little searching around to see what else was out there and I stumbled upon Rikapanda Crafts.
Photo by Rikapanda Crafts
Seriously, aren't these the cutest things?!!

After placing my order, I got to work planning out the rest of the cake.

This cake is a four tier cake composed of 139 Pampers Newborn diapers, 2 NUK pacifiers, Johnson and Johnson products, an Eeyore chime carseat toy, the homemade shoes and homemade hair clips, 2 Winnie the Pooh wash cloths, 4 Gerber soft tip spoons, 2 Disney ring rattles, socks, a teething ring, pacifier clip and of course, a Pooh stuffed animal for the top.

I am THRILLED with how the cake came out. And I'm hoping that mommy to be loves it as well!!

Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment