Sunday, April 21, 2013

Monkeys Galore!

I had the honor of creating a cake for a high school classmate of mine to help her celebrate her little bundle of joy. Mom to be's mother contacted me and we discussed a three tier cake in a jungle/Sock Monkey and just all out green theme. Now, if you've been following this site for awhile, you'll know that I always love a good monkey theme cake (here, here, and here), so this one was right up my alley!!

I had been informed that mom to be would be using cloth diapers in addition to disposable diapers, so I wanted to include that in the cake. I decided to turn to my trusty friend Etsy to find just the right cloth diaper to include.

Etsy didn't fail me.
Now, being a mother who only used Pampers, I can't say that I knew what I was looking for when it came to cloth diapers, so I wanted to find someone who had knowledge in the area. Thankfully I found someone who had only used cloth diapers on her children, so she knew what worked and what doesn't. Eased my mine that I was providing my client with a top of the line cloth diaper. If you're looking for fun cloth diapers, please consider using Konstant Krafters on Etsy (Konstant Krafters), you won't be disappointed!!

I also turned to Etsy to find something fun to fit in with the Sock Monkey aspect of the cake. I know you can go into any store and find a Sock Monkey, but I wanted to take that a step further.
Probably the cutest little pair of booties I've ever seen!!!! Just like the cloth diaper, these are handmade (which I love since homemade things on a cake just makes it all that more custom and one of a kind) and are just so fun!! I found these in a cute little shop called joeellztoo.

From there, I filled in the rest of the cake with some of my staples as well as other fun, theme fitting items. Obviously the Pampers Newborn Diapers (108 total), Johnson and Johnson products, Gerber soft tip spoons, NUK pacifiers, a cloth diaper burp cloth, Carters socks (2 pairs), a giraffe teething ring, a Sock Monkey "lovey", an animal receiving blanket (used inside the cloth diaper to weigh it down a bit), and a bib- with a monkey on it.
I'm so thrilled with how everything came together, and love that mom to be loved it so much (as well as grandma and aunt to be who I had the pleasure of meeting when I dropped the cake off!!)





Laura, I hope you had an incredible baby shower!! And best of luck in the last few months of your pregnancy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment