Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Virginia Tech

So a few days ago I posted photos of the Virginia Tech cake that I had just finished. Now for the details of the cake!This two tier cake features over 90 Pampers Swaddles Sensitive Newborn diapers (I think the final count was 92), Johnson and Johnson travel products, two teething rings, one Gerber wash cloth, two NUK 0-6 month pacifiers, 3 Gerber soft tip spoons, 1 wrist rattle, Aveeno Baby face sunblock (mom and dad live in Puerto Rico, seemed appropriate), and newborn socks.
One observation. You'd think living in Northern Virginia would mean Virginia Tech merchandise would be easy to find. FALSE! I searched high and low and couldn't find anything. As a last ditch effort I stopped into Dicks Sporting Goods and just happened to look over and see this adorable Virginia Tech sock monkey, one of only two remaining, along with the soft VT football. Somebody was looking out for me! The ribbon I had custom made by a vendor I found on Etsy. Check her out! It's the second time I've used her (the New York Yankees cake was the first time).So there you have it! A very "Hoki" cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment