Saturday, March 17, 2012

Preview

I was recently asked to make a two tier beach themed diaper cake, as well as a diaper cake motorcycle. While I've done plenty of diaper cakes, a motorcycle is a new one for me, but I'm so excited to take this on! Plus, all of this nice weather we've been having has put me in a very beachy mood!!

I went today and got a few things to use on both the cake and the motorcycle.
So keeping with the theme and the colors, we have starfish and sand dollars, plus decorative fishing net (which I'm imaging having that draped over the top layer of the cake). Then we have the beachy blue color in the blankets which are going to be used on the motorcycle to hold the wheels together and to also become the the handlebars (along with the socks which will become the handles). Then the bibs will be used to cover the diaper wheels. And finally, the colors. I went with an ocean blue solid ribbon and then brought in a little extra color with the second ribbon, using the brown in the ribbon to match the shells. The double ribbon will be used on the cake, and at least the solid blue ribbon will be used on the motorcycle. I can't wait to put all of these together and share with everyone the finished product!!

No comments:

Post a Comment