Monday, October 14, 2013

Monkey See, Monkey Do!

Monkey cake toppers are pretty popular, and I love doing monkey themed cakes. They are just so fun and playful, and cute!

This was a tad different, a monkey topper, but not monkey themed. A challenge, and I love it! The theme for this cake was sports. I was asked about doing an orange and aqua, sports themed, monkey topped cake.

The sports aspect was the easy part since there's always sports themed goodies out there. The color themed I worried about a bit since I didn't know what sort of ribbon I'd find and if I could find the perfect shade of aqua and orange. But luck was on my side!!
I fell IN LOVE with the color combination.

And when it all came together, I was over the moon excited. The picture I had in my head was exactly how it came out.

Since we didn't do one specific sport, I tried to include as many as I could. I started with the sports themed security blanket which included football, basketball, soccer and baseball. And seriously, what monkey isn't cute holding a football security blanket?!
 I also found basketball themed NUK pacifiers
 There's also a baseball rattle
 Teethers
 Football socks
 Johnson and Johnson products, Gerber spoons, pacifier holder, orange and blue phone rattle


 And all of this surrounding 144 Pampers Newborn diapers.
This is the first time I've done a cake where the animal wasn't on top of the cake, but instead hanging on to the side of the cake. But with a monkey, it works!

This little guy is on his way to Chicago, hopefully bringing big smiles to mommy and daddy to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment